BEAUTY TALK: Sunspots, Sprotten, Freckles, Dot Dot Dot!

 

Remember this picture? I'm sure you do! It's one of the promotional poster for Dove's campaign in 2004; a very good one, if I may say. When I saw the ads, I was glad that someone other than me voiced out the different perspective of beauty. But back then I was only a junior high and, you know, cared very little about make-ups and stuff.

But now?




I actually freaked out when I spotted little freckles just below my eye areas. Seriously, I freaked out.

I know recently I haven't made any reviews, but, trust me; while being away from internet, I've been actively trying out several whitening products from various brands. While being on internet, I'll only be reminded by fellow beauty enthusiasts; how they also suffer from sunspots and how they try their best to get rid of them. The fact that I'm an Asian is not making me think any better, since on Asian mindset the flawless skin is a default dream for every Asian lady.

And so I diligently used my whitening products, ranged from cream, lotion, essence, and target corrector. I even used that whitening facial foam just to make sure I'll have my spots cleaned. And one day, when I used the whitening spot roll-on on my sunspots, I froze and thought...

What am I doing???
 
Why I've become so obsessed of getting rid these sunspots!? Moreover, why am I so afraid of getting more freckles?!

My honest opinion, though, I think freckles are beautiful. I actually adore freckles on Caucasians, and sometimes maybe on Asians, but not on me. Never on me! I mean, my sunspots are barely even there. Also, it's a natural process anyway to have them. So why am I so scared? This is a question that is so hard to answer.

Maybe I'll just post some ladies with freckles so I can be brave and just accept my sunspots as a part of my beauty feature.





Lol Lucy Liu




 And this is my personal favorite. 




What about you, girls? What do you think of freckles/sunspots/dots? :D



5 comments:

  1. Hurrah! After all I got a webpage from where I know how
    to in fact get helpful data regarding my study and knowledge.


    my blog :: DermoLyte Skin Brightening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot di wajahku adalah bekas jerawat, tentu saja bagiku itu mengganggu.. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. kalau aku galaunya sama bekas jerawat T_T mau jerawat kecil ataupun gede pasti berbekas item..

    nice post dear ^^

    http://dkwp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree it's pretty when it's not on my face, hahaha.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. kalo bekas jerawat yang merah-merah gitu aku ga terlalu panik sih ka. soalnya kalo akunya rajin maskeran lama-lama hilang. tapi yang bikin bete tuh acne scars yang bopeng-bopeng itu loooohh ahueee pengen pecahin kaca rasanyo

    ReplyDelete